What to do this winter in Brest?
Discover all the things not to miss during your trip to Brest
The cold weather is coming and you decide to spend your next weekend in the city of Brest? No problem! The region is full of activities that will not leave you cold.
30 minutes by public transport and 10 minutes by car from the hotel
The Rïnkla ice rink
What could be better than spending a moment in the largest ice rink in the west on a cold day? Skate to your heart's content with your family. Please check the website for opening hours.
- Address: Rue de Savoie, 29200 Brest.
- Price: €8.80/person with skate hire - €6.50/person without skate hire.
12 minutes drive from the hotel
Hot chocolate lovers will melt. Enjoy one of the wonderful recipes of this chocolate drink. In an elegant decor, you will also find many chocolate-based pastries. A relaxing gourmet break that will warm your frosty heart in this winter weather.
- Address: 22 rue J-B Boussingault, 29200 Brest.
- Opening hours: 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 6.30 pm on Saturday.
13 minutes by car from the hotel
The National Museum of the Navy
Walk in the footsteps of a rich heritage for a while at the Musée National de la Marine. As you know, Finistère is the birthplace of a French naval base. It is therefore only natural that the museum should be located in the town. On the programme: historical discoveries, juicy anecdotes and a panoramic view from the ramparts.
- Address: Château de Brest, Boulevard de la Marine, 29200 Brest.
- Price: 7 €/person with audioguide included.
Les Ateliers des Capucins15 minutes by car from the hotel
Built in the 19th century in Brittany, the Ateliers des Capucins were originally buildings of the Brest Arsenal. Since they belong to the city, they have become a cultural venue. Concerts, dance shows, exhibitions... Many activities await you to entertain you.
To get there, take the cable car. In 3 minutes, you can reach the workshops while enjoying a splendid view of Brest and its harbour.
- Address: 25 rue de Pontaniou, 29200 Brest.
- Opening hours: Every day from 10 am to 12 am and until 1 am on Friday and Saturday.
15 minutes drive from the hotel
Welcome to Brittany's most famous aquarium: Océanopolis. It's the perfect place to stay warm when the days get cold in winter. During your visit, you will see fish from all over the world. Each pavilion promises its own surprises.
- Address: Moulin Blanc Marina, 29200 Brest.
- Price: 21.90 €/person for over 18s - 16.50 €/youth (14-17 years) - 13.60 €/child (3 to 13 years).